So today (tomorrow as I write this) I turn 20! It doesn’t feel like it’s my birthday tomorrow and it definitely doesn’t feel like I’m turning 20. I thought I’d write a post on 20 things that I’ve learnt the past 20 years, some things / mottos I’ve found myself living by. I’m going to have to keep my points short and snappy because otherwise I could ramble on for ages!
1) Enjoy the little things in life
2) Your parents are by far greatest supporters
3) Don’t dwell on past events – focus on the future
4) Studying is short term pain long term gain!
5) Believe in yourself
6) Don’t follow the crowd (not all the time anyway)
7) If it’s meant to be, it will be
8) Spend time having ‘me time’, it’s important to take time out
9) Quality over quantity (this includes from sleep to friends)
10) Do everything with kindness
11) Not everyone is going to like you, and there’s nothing wrong with that
12) Take as many photographs as you can
13) Treat others how you like to be treated
14) Don’t be scared to ask questions
15) Remember that a lot of what you see on social media is photo-shopped / un-realistic
16) Set yourself mini goals rather than constantly focusing on big future ones
17) Always be open to new experiences
18) It’s okay to cry and have a bad day
19) Be silly, have fun and don’t always be so serious
20) Be You.
Happy Birthday to anyone who’s Birthday also falls on July 18th and to all fellow Cancer’s out there.