One of my favourite recipes is the triple chocolate cookie recipe that I posted on my blog a while back (CLICK HERE to check it out) so I thought I’d give the recipe a twist and create some white chocolate cookies with smarties!
- 200g or 0.8 cup = butter
- 325g or 1.2 cup = caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 300g or 2 cups = self raising flour
- A little dash of milk (optional)
- 75g white chocolate drops
- 80g Smarties
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c or 392f
- Firstly you need to whizz together your butter and sugar until it’s a white, fluffy looking, smooth consistency.
- Crack in the egg, put in your dry ingredients and mix it all together. (If your mixture looks too dry, add some milk)
- Now for the chocolate! Add in your chocolate drops and smarties.
- Once you’ve mixed the chocolate in, line two (you might need 3) trays with baking paper and prepare to get messy!
- Use your hands to separate the mixture into 10 balls (approximately a bit bigger than gold balls) you may end up with more cookies than 10.
- Now it’s time to put them in the oven, for 11 minutes. Yes, 11 minutes. You’ll look at them after 11 minutes and think I’m mad because they’ll look raw and barely cooked, but trust me don’t put them in for longer or you won’t get gooey cookies!
- After the 11 minutes is up, allow them to cool for 30 minutes. They will continue to bake during this time and after half an hour they will be perfect!