Today I want to share with you this super easy recipe to make some delicious coffee cupcakes (these do not contain walnuts, there is just one on the top for decoration!)
– 75g or 1/3 cup butter or margarine
– 75g or 1/3 cup caster sugar
– 2 eggs
– 75g or 1/3 cup self raising flour
– 1/2 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 tablespoon boiling water
– 1 tablespoon coffee granules
(Walnuts for decoration)
For the icing:
– 200g or 3/4 cup butter
– 200g or 2 cup icing sugar
– 2 teaspoons coffee granules mixed with 1 tablespoon boiling water
– 50g plain chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Put 12 medium cupcake cases in a 12-hole cupcake tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy – preferably with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a mug. Gradually add them to the mixture. Add flour a tablespoon at a time whilst beating. Beat in baking powder.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in boiling water and fold in gently once cooled slightly.
- Using a tablespoon, add mixture equally in the twelve cupcake cases.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until pale, then gradually beat in the icing sugar, followed by the coffee and the melted chocolate. When the cakes are completely cool, swirl the icing generously on top and decorate with coffee beans or walnuts, if you like.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee!