- 1 cup or 225g butter
- 2 cups or 400g white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups or 350g self-raising flour
- 1 cup or 225ml milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup or 50g sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the milk and vanilla, add alternately to the creamed mixture with the flour, ending with the flour. Finally mix in the shredded coconut. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake will pull away from the sides of the pan slightly when done. Allow cakes to cool in the pans for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- I then took cookie cutters – in the shape of hearts and flours to cut out shapes in my cake.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Using an electric whisk (or your own hand and a whisk if you have the effort!) mix together the butter, icing sugar and strawberry extract on a high speed until it’s at a creamy consistency. This can take time and you may need to add either butter and icing sugar in order to receive the consistency that you want.
Decorate as you wish! You may want to add sprinkles or decoration in order to make them look extra special.