Hey Guys – here’s how you can make a batch of this gooey, chocolatey naughtiness!
I have ALWAYS failed at trying to make some gooey cookies, until I stumbled across this recipe. So if you’re like me and love cookies but haven’t found a recipe that’s worked yet for you…I think you’ve just found it! Stick to the instructions and you’ll be very happy you tried it out 🙂
- 200g or 0.8 cup = butter
- 300g or 1.2 cup = caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 275g or 2 cups = self raising flour
- 75g or 1/2 cup = cocoa powder
- A little dash of milk (optional)
- A large bar of white, milk and dark chocolate
= Approximately 10 cookies
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c or 392f
- Firstly you need to whizz together your butter and sugar until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Crack in the egg, put in your dry ingredients and blend it all together. (If your mixture looks too dry, add some milk)
- Now for the chocolate! Break it all up into chunks and throw into your mixture.
- Once you’ve mixed the chocolate in, line two (you might need 3) trays with baking paper and prepare to get messy!
- Use your hands to separate the mixture into ten blobs (approximately a bit bigger than gold balls)
- Now it’s time to put them in the oven, for 11 minutes. Yes, 11 minutes. You’ll look at them after 11 minutes and think I’m mad, but trust me don’t put them in for longer or you won’t get gooey cookies!
- After the 11 minutes is up, allow them to cool for 30 minutes. They will continue to bake through at this time and after half an hour they will be perfect!