Who doesn’t love a classic chocolate Easter nest? But it’s time for an upgrade! This recipe is super easy, with only 4 main ingredients and the nests are ready to eat within 15 minutes. These are personal favourites of mine and I hope you love them just as much.
You Will Need:
- Approximately 18 cup cake cases
- A saucepan
- Weighing scales
- A bowl
- 3oz – 85g – 3/8 cup = Butter
- 3oz – 85g – 3/8 cup = Golden Syrup
- 3 Mars Bars
- No specific weight = Rice Krispies / Corn Flakes / Wheatabix
- ( Optional for decoration = Mini Eggs )
= Approximately 18 Easter nests
- Measure out the butter and place it into the saucepan over a medium heat so that it begins to melt. Next, measure out your golden syrup and apply it to the butter.
- Chop the Mars Bars into small chunks (this will make it quicker for them to melt) and add them to the mixture. Constantly stir over a medium heat so that all the mixture has melted.
- Remove from the heat so it begins to cool. *Careful, the syrup can become very hot!* When the mixture is still slightly warm you can add your choice of dry ingredients (Rice Krispies / Corn Flakes / Wheatabix). I haven’t stated a certain amount of dry ingredients that should be added because it can vary, simple add a little at a time and build it up as you go along – it all needs to be covered in the gooey deliciousness!
- Add a mini egg to top it off!