Quick and easy to bake and absolutely deeeeeelicious! Do you like M&M’s/Smarties, Oreo, and cookies? Then this recipe is perfect! Even if you don’t enjoy these ingredients, or don’t have them in your kitchen, you can easily use alternative biscuits and chocolates.
The bars come together in 1 bowl, without a mixer, in 5 minutes, and are ready in under a half hour!
- 1/2 cup / 110g – unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup / 170g – light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup / 140g – plain flour
- 18 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped
- About 1/2 cup / 75g – M&M’s/Smarties
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Stir in the oreos
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger or a spatula.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until done based on add-ins used. Top should be set and edges slightly firm.
- Allow bars to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
I really hope you all enjoy these bars as much as I do – they don’t last 2 days in my house!