Two days ago I decided to make pancakes with Alex, however I was pretty worried as every time I’ve made pancakes before, they turned out horrifically. We made the mixture ourselves and with my *sarcasm* amazing cooking skills I actually managed to make 8 pancakes! Here is how we made them…
1) Sift the flour with a pinch of salt into a medium-size bowl and make a well in the middle.
2) Mix the milk and 100ml of water together. Break the eggs into the well and start whisking slowly. Add the milk and water in a steady stream, whisking constantly and gradually incorporating the flour as you do so.
3) Whisk until the batter is smooth and all the flour has been incorporated.
4) We then sifted the mixture again to remove excess lumps.
5) Set the batter aside to rest for 30 mins (we actually waited 15 minutes as we were too hungry to wait, oops), then whisk the melted butter into the batter.
6) Heat the pan over a medium heat. Very lightly grease the pan with melted butter. Using a ladle, pour roughly 2 tbsp of batter into the pan and swirl it around so the bottom of the pan is evenly coated
7) Don’t forget to toss your pancake once one side is turning a golden crown colour!
Everyone has their own topping choices, personally I always have something sweet on my pancakes.
They were delicious, though I was reaaaallly full and felt slightly sick afterwards due to a Nutella overload, opps.
What do you like to have on your pancakes??